Saturday, July 9, 2011

Productive Week


It's that time of year!  We are fabulously blessed to have a sweet friend who is willing to proctor Alexis' annual testing - so this took up the majority of her week.

She did some practice testing at our dining room table, and was none too happy over it, as it felt quite stifling to be bound to an uncomfortable chair for hours.  We typically "do school" in the comfort of our family room - so she is not conditioned to sitting for an extended length of time in our not-so-cushiony dining seats with tapered wooden rail backs.  Alexis was admittedly thankful when she learned that our friend's seats are a touch cozier than ours.  Truly, that was a huge help in keeping her from going crazy while she tested.  I can only imagine that if Alexis were required to sit still behind a desk every day - she would feel antsy after awhile.  I think she knows how good she has it, because when talking about going to a "formal" school, she usually mentions that she's not sure she could sit still that long.  So glad she can at least be still long enough to get through her annual testing each year...  
While Alexis was busy testing on Tuesday, I took my mother-in-law to pick up a new mold for her hearing aid.  I'm praying that she is happy with it, as the last 3 have not pleased her at all.  David has seen her a few times this week, and was with her today shopping and doing the Mc thing - and said that she has not mentioned the mold.  That is a good sign!  I will be thrilled if this on-going problem is solved once and for all! \0/

Wednesday through Friday I spent much of the day preparing for an Apologia Exploring Creation with General Science co-op class  that I will be teaching.  I am in the process of making up notebooking pages for the On Your Own questions and the Study Guide questions.  Once I've completed those pages, I plan to post them on my blog for anyone to use.  I am hoping to finish them over the next 2 weeks, as I would like to have a break for a couple of weeks before co-op starts for the year.

Today while I cheered him on, David worked on purging his "abyss."  If my children read this, they will immediately know what I am referring to.  It is the top of a dresser in our bedroom which was heaped with mega paperwork clutter.  Okay, that may have been a bit of an understatement...  But I am proud of my husband for taking control of it and making a decision to conquer the chaos!  You go David!

For both of us, as the years go by, it has become increasingly more difficult to mull through pieces of mail, notes, and documents to muster up the fortitude to part with information that we might--- (even if it is extremely remote,) possibly, need again one day.  Although his piles can become massive,  I must confess, I too am guilty of collecting lots of paperwork myself.  Not to the point where I can claim having my own paperwork "abyss" though.

A second confession...  Did I mention that I have a very large closet in my master bedroom?  It holds my wardrobe, but is mostly filled (and I mean jam packed,) with an assortment of crafting items...  I won't discuss it further this evening, but let's just say it's an altogether different sort of situation.  Some would say that I've accumulated too much stuff, but I disagree.  You see, I don't amass these crafts myself.  They have babies...  All on their own...  Really!


One final important mention for today - It's my brother's birthday!  Happy birthday to my wonderfully supportive big brother!  You are the best brother in the whole world.  You are fiercely loyal, and from the time I was a little girl through even this moment, you've been incredibly thoughtful and generous to me, and our family.  I know I would only have to ask you if I ever was in need of anything.  You've always been there for me, no matter what, and I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated and welcome!