Saturday, July 2, 2011

Blogging Again...

After taking a three year hiatus as a blogger, it is time to return to the world of "journaling" once more.  Why?  I'm not sure!  I feel a strong sense that the Lord is wanting me to write something...  What?  I'm wondering the answer to that question myself!  Well, like many people, I have lots to say, however, I do hope that whatever I share will honor Him above all.

I shall start by mentioning that I am a Christian, a blessed wife to my wonderful husband, David, and a mom to three children.  Our oldest, David, (yes, a second David,) just graduated from college.
( \0/ )  Our middle child, Amanda, is heading into her 3rd year of college, and I homeschool our youngest child, Alexis.

As we begin Alexis' last year of middle school in about a month and a half, I am certain I will have lots to converse on concerning homeschooling.  It is a joy and a pleasure to be my daughter's teacher.  I recently posted on my Facebook profile page that I am working my way out of a job faster than I ever imagined.  This is an incredibly true sentiment, as the years seem to flip at a rapid, accelerated speed, non-stop.

Added to our responsibilities, we assist my dear mother-in-law with a few tasks in her home, along with most tasks that she is needing to accomplish outside of her home.  Notice how I mentioned "our" next to the word responsibilities?  One of the countless reasons that I can say I am married to a wonderful man is because he shoulders much of that assistance.  Although she is quite independent, my mother-in-law does not drive.  Although she does not drive, she is a woman who likes a routine.  And--- she was accustomed to the routine of bargain hunting her way through grocery stores on a weekly basis for many years prior to our helping her out.  Therefore, the tradition continues!  Yes, I must admit...  After five and a half years of doing the marathon shops each week with my parents-in-law, I bailed out.  Now the burden lays on David.  It was not an intentional withdraw, you see, I had mom duties to fulfill.  Yes, our little girl began taking a music drama class right in the middle of my mother-in-law's established shopping pattern.

Although the classes did not work out, my 3 month absence from the weekly shopping trips brought on a dreaded taboo.  You might say that itt was an added invasion to my dietary restrictions.  The big "Mc" for breakfast.  I'm not here to debate the menu, or the restaurant.  No matter my thoughts about it, I truly can not eat breakfast there, as I have a food allergy that prevents me from doing so.  Because my husband loves me deeply, and because his mother loves being with him doing their "little outing" each week, he has given me the free pass to stay home while he takes his mother on the loop of between 3 to 6 stores - plus "Mc's."   

We have been helping my in-laws, and now my mother-in-law, (since my father-in-law is now with Jesus,) for the last 8 years.  Both my husband and I feel honored and blessed that we have the time and resources to do this.  I must admit, sometimes it does get weary, but truly, we are thankful for the opportunity to serve Him through helping to meet her needs. 

Well---  That sums up a brief introduction to our little family.  More tomorrow as I post about that incredible man I am married to.  This, in honor of his birthday!

A picture of our family...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated and welcome!