Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Calm Birthday, Quiet Little Nest

With David and Alexis gone, it sure is quiet around here.  I'm working on completing the Study Guide and Own Your Own question pages that I've written for the students of my Apologia Exploring Creation with General Science co-op class.  I will post when they are complete.


Alexis woke up at 6:30 on Monday morning, fixed a birthday breakfast fit for a queen, and served it to me in bed.  A bowl of sliced strawberries and bananas, a waffle, and sausage were carried to me on a platter!  It was actually Alexis' lap desk, but hey- I felt loved!


I received a Nook holder and a few other gifts from my extraordinary family, before heading out the door with Alexis to take her to the church where she met the group being picked up for camp.  She was nervous, but completely ecstatic to finally be off on her big trip.  I've only received 1 message from her, so I have to assume all is well.


After I returned from drop-off and a quick trip to the grocery store, my sweet Amanda gave me a gift card to a restaurant.  We have a lunch date scheduled for later this week!  :-)

My brother, Charles, and sister-in-law, Leigh, arrived soon after - to continue my birthday celebration with the 2 David's and me.  We ate, packed more food and some drinks, and left for a local spring to go canoeing.  (Amanda couldn't go with us, as she had homework and tests to prepare for, along with 2 classes on Monday.)  It was a hot day, but we were blessed with a breeze due to a storm out in the Atlantic.  (Unless it's about to rain locally, this is the only way Central FL appears to receive breezy weather.)  Leigh sat out on canoeing - I'm sorry to say.  She's had lots of trouble with her hip, and did not feel like it would be a wise idea to attempt getting in and out of the boat.  Charles and David (son) took one canoe, and David (husband) and I used another.  We made our way from Wekiva Island to the State Park, and back again.  It was probably only about a mile, but there was quite a crowd of boaters at the springs, so it took some time to maneuver around everybody.  Again, I felt like a queen!  My arm was aching due to an old injury, so David did 99.9 percent of the rowing.  Every once in awhile I would use my oar to tap the side of someone's boat to prevent a collision.  I think I "had" to row a couple of times, but my sweet husband tried to take good care of me and my arm.


After returning ?downriver? or at least downstream, about 2 hours later, we packed it up and headed home.  (Talk about low key!)  I suppose I am practicing for senior-hood.  Funny, I am used to keeping up with lots of young moms, so this absolutely was extremely mild paced for me, but I had a wonderfully relaxing time!

For dinner we ate a delicious salad, shrimp and snow crab.  No cake, but later in the evening I had hot fudge and ice cream.  David did all the dishes while I swam in the pool - another reason to feel like a queen!  So far, 50 has been good to me...  Really, it's because of the family and friends that I am surrounded by.  The Lord has blessed me well!

David getting in his canoe

On our trip downstream
David did double duty - He's so good to me!  :-)
David and Charles getting ready to pass us
They passed us...
Homestretch with Leigh waiting for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated and welcome!