Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Surgery- Coming Soon...

Amanda and I went to see the Ear, Nose & Throat doctor 2 days ago.  We have been suspecting this, but I suppose I was in denial just a bit.  Sigh…  Amanda will have to have her tonsils removed. We prayed that the Lord would show us clear direction on how to keep Amanda healthy.  The doctor actually said, "This will be the best way to keep her healthy."  Amanda seems to be okay with it – I am trying to get used to the idea.

David has asthma, and has had several trips to the ER because of it over his lifetime. 

Amanda has had several trips to the ER, having to have stitches 6 or 7 times.

Alexis has been blessed with good health and a sense of caution.  No ER for her!

I know that having ones tonsils removed seems like a small deal these days.  It is outpatient surgery after all...  It takes me less than 10 seconds of thinking about others, and the seriousness of their situations to put this all into perspective.  We are extremely blessed with healthy children.

Even so, my mommy heart is feeling concern for my almost 19 year old baby.  I had my tonsils out - and it was painful!!!  It hurt to swallow!  It hurt to eat!  It hurt to laugh, cough, sneeze, and cry!  I hate that she will have to be put to sleep!  I hate that she has to experience this at all.  Sigh...

Okay, now that's out of my system.  Now I can go back to Amanda - smile and be the strong loving mom she expects me to be.  That is, with MUCH prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated and welcome!