Friday, February 29, 2008

February is Finished!

I don’t ordinarily like to wish time away, but I am so happy to see February over!  The main reason being,  that my son comes home from college for Spring Break tomorrow!  It will be really good to see his handsome face!!!    

I have many other reasons to be thankful that February is behind us.  I am still struggling with a bad cough.  I just can’t seem to get over it.  But, I did get past several concerning doctor appointments, and all turned out well.  If this cough doesn’t begin to ease up, I will need to make an appointment with either my general practitioner, or a pulmonary physician.  My surgeon recommended a couple of doctors, so I will consider doing the later.   After looking at my X-ray’s and CT-scan, she feels that everything looks good, and I should follow the radiologist’s advice and retake the CT in 2 months, so seeing a pulmonary doctor would only be because of my cough.

It is difficult to keep up with our busy schedule when I am feeling healthy.  But, I do tire easily from this cough  It was a struggle to look at the calendar at the beginning of each week to see what I was facing.  However, it's amazing to watch how the Lord worked the details out for me each day.  From field trips that were canceled out of the blue - to extra help from my husband, to friends coming to my resque.  i really need to reflect on the love He has shown me this past month, and etch it into my mind for instant recall the next time I begin to worry or fret. 

I am thrilled to say that even though we had an extra busy month, even though Alexis lost a week of school time, even though I have been sick and had to add doctor appointments to the schedule , even though we had several unexpected things take place this month, Alexis is almost completely back on track with schoolwork!!  I can't tell you how good that feels!  

Give thanks for the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.  1 Chronicles 16:34

Two field trips this week---  One of our Keeper's moms set up a visit to a Butterfly Encounter when the girls were earning their Butterfly Badges.  We also went to a Science Nature Center for some hands on biology!


A butterfly on Alexis' finger

The butterflies were very active that morning

A Science Field Trip!  This not-so-local Nature Center was definitely worth the drive-  The girls are dissecting Owl Pellets here.

Can you think of anything more fun than finding a few rat and bird skeletons?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated and welcome!