Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Easter

A Rainbow - One of God's promises to us.  Together, this rainbow and the wording behind it are fitting reminders of another promise He gave us when He sent us His Son.
He is Risen ~~~ He is Risen Indeed!


I love a good Christmas Eve church service, the dimmed lights, decorations, candles, music...  It is all quite charming and beautiful.  There is excitement in the air, knowing that our children will soon be receiving wonderful gifts to celebrate the memory of the birth of our Savior.

Yet an Easter service, even without all the bells and whistles that a Christmas service has ~ is by far my best loved .  The significance of knowing that our Lord and Savior chose to return to earth, after facing a sacrificial death to show us our redemption was solidly in place, just can’t be surpassed.  We could never ask for more.

Can we fully understand that gift?  I’m not sure if I can completely, at least not on this side of heaven.  I do more as I grow in my faith, but I’m not there yet.

In my new favorite book, Bruchko,  Bruce Olsen explains to his friend "Bobby" and a few other men from the Motilone tribe, that God is so big and powerful He had to come down and experience what we do, not so that He could understand who we are, but rather that we could begin to understand who He is. 

Many have rejected Him, mocked Him and denied Him.  But yet He in all of His greatness chose(and still chooses) to look past that, love us unconditionally and give us, as believers, eternal life.  Why?

Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – And this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.  Not by works, so that no one can boast." 

It is simply this:  A graceful gift and faith. 

He forgives us no matter how bad we mess up, and the only thing Jesus asks of us is to step out in faith and believe that He is our true Savior.  A totally unexpected way of thinking about love and forgiveness.  But it is His way.  I am extremely grateful for that ~ because I know how much I’ve botched things up!

Here is proof that there is grace:

3 precious gifts that I love, admire, and totally don’t deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated and welcome!