Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Love the Christmas Season!!!

Today which is the day after Alexis’ birthday, we had our Keepers Christmas Party.  Since I had Book Club at my house yesterday, and a get together for Alexis later in the evening, I was grateful and thankful that I did not have to plan this party.  One of our wonderful Moms did.    I know she worked hard planning the party, and everything turned out great!  The room looked very festive with red and green tablecloths and centerpieces on each table. 

This year we have our biggest group of girls ever.  !!!25!!!  Each one of our Moms has truly been a blessing to the group, and I am thankful for all of them.

We held our party at our church. What a huge blessing it is that our church lets us use the facilities to hold all of our meetings and events.  Each mom brought a dish to share.  I enjoy doing this, as I love tasting other peoples recipes.  The Mom who was in charge of the party made a delicious eggnog trifle dessert.  It was so good that I just had to ask her for the recipe.   I plan to serve it at our Christmas meal. I don’t know what else we’re having yet, but the important part of the meal is now planned. 

Each year as a Thank You to our church staff, several of the Moms and their girls bake Christmas cookies to give to them.   After our luncheon, some of the moms took the girls around the church to pass the cookies out to everyone. 

A Cookie Stop at our Church Office

While a few of the moms took all the girls on the cookie round, some of us stayed behind and cleaned up - to get everything set for the girl's craft extravaganza.  Our sweet mom who planned the party had many activities waiting for the girls when they returned.

Making Chocolate Dipped Spoons
This was the chocolate spoon dipping station.  After crushing some candy canes with the bottoms of their mugs, the girls dipped several spoons into melted chocolate and sprinkled candy cane pieces onto the spoons.  Then they wrapped them up to give as gifts, although I suspect that some of the girls made a snack out of them later that afternoon.

Painting Salt Dough Ornaments
Mitten Bookmarks

I wish I had taken a photo of the last craft station, but somehow I missed it.  The girls made swirl painted Christmas ornaments.  (The kind where you pour a couple of acrylic paints into a clear round glass ornament.)  Alexis' turned out beautiful, and is hanging on our tree now.

After the food and crafts - it was on to the award ceremony...

Each of the girls earned badges for Plastic Canvas, Special Needs, and Soap Making.  Soem worked on additional badges at home with their moms.
After the awards were passed out, the girls had a book exchange.  They all left the party with their arms full.  I am sure they had a wonderful time – I am so thankful for my sweet friend who worked very hard to make all of our Keeper Girls happy. 

I am looking forward to the 2nd half of our Keepers year.  It has been tremendous fun so far!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated and welcome!